I know, I know… I don’t run a blog the way I’m supposed to. Well, if I made any money off the gig I’d be more inclined to follow the rules. But I don’t – it’s a hobby.
So, where have I been? Well, first off, I took a much needed vacation and completely unplugged from work as well as the internet in general. Second, I then needed to catch up at my real job where I crunch numbers for a living and spend way too much time in meetings talking about the future numbers I need to crunch.
Then, I had to travel to NY for work, and quite honestly I’m not built for travel. I am not energized by it, so even though I probably could use my time more wisely catching up on stuff in the hotel in my off time, I’m much more inclined to end up in a zombie-like state watching the news on the bed until I fall asleep.
That doesn’t mean the world around me has stopped, nor does it mean my opinions have dissipated. So, here’s a random list of things I have been thinking about. Some of these are blog-worthy and some are not.
- I still have no idea why someone chooses to ever life and work in New York City. Sipping a beer by the campfire at home last evening at my rural home, surrounded by flowers, trees, and green grass and a couple friends is like a small piece of heaven to me. To each their own, but I’m just not wired that way.
- Observing the thousands and thousands of people walking around Manhattan, whenever I take a moment to think about people in general I have a feeling of amazement. Every single person is seeing the world through their own unique eyes. They are all living a life unique and distinct from the rest of us. Just seeing people walk around is a wonderment to me. I don’t know what they are thinking and they don’t know what I’m thinking. Their experiences are not my own. And yet, God knows us all intimately. It’s somewhat overwhelming to think about.
- There is a big blow-up rat that sticks out of the trunk of a car that can be found around NYC. That’s my sight-seeing update.
- I love my kids – all nine of them. But what a blessing that my wife and I were able to get away for three days and stay at our camper in Northern Wisconsin. Rest, hiking, swimming, kayaking, and fishing – with a little bit of shopping and an anniversary dinner out. What a relaxing time!
- Why does Def Leppard refuse to get on Spotify? It’s annoying.
- I’ve been doing some reading, and I need to boost my Metabolism so I can be healthier.
- My wife and I have both set up accounts through a company called Karatbars so we can more readily buy gold in smaller increments. My wife has decided to buy into the business package to help other people set up accounts to do the same. I didn’t do that, because I have enough to do. I just want the gold, but I do feel strongly that this is an important asset for everyone to try obtain, so I’ll help her out as I can. So if anyone is curious about it at all just e-mail me.
- Moses is in our garden.
- There is always a lot to blog about:
- how I perceive the struggle in Catholicism balancing the tendencies of “liberals” and “conservatives” to try and actually attain the faith we are supposed to have
- My interest in a few specific prophecies: Sister Lucia and how marriage is one of the final struggles against Satan; a guy named Charlie Johnston who has some interesting things to say, but requires a lot of discernment; this whole idea of the Shemitah (Jonathan Cahn) and the interesting observations and timing of that whole thing.
- Prayer strategy
- The Hitler rule in internet argument – pros and cons
- The 3% fallacy
- I really need to get more of my music up on Youtube and find time to record all the stuff in my head.
I hope you have all been well over the last couple weeks. I’ll try to coordinate my thoughts and throw some stuff out here.
When I feel like it.